Mental Health Related Meetings
Regional CSP Meeting – 1st Monday each Month (2nd Mon when 1st Monday is a holiday). Next Meeting is Monday April 3rd, 2017, at Hopeworx, Inc. 1210 Stanbridge Street, Suite 600, Norristown, PA 19401. Subcommittees 2 -3 pm / full committee meeting from 3- 5 pm. Info call 610-270-0375.
BC Housing Continuum of Care – Thurs Sept 22nd 2-3:30 pm
The purpose of the HCoC is to provide a coordinated homelessness assistance system that works toward preventing and ending homelessness in Bucks County. The Business meeting includes participation from most agencies in Bucks County that provide housing and homelessness services. This meeting provides a wealth of information about what types of initiatives are occurring in the county in relation to housing issues. Some of the meetings are trainings on important topics related to ending homelessness.
When: Generally every month on the 4th Thursday 2-3:30 PM 2016 scheduled meetings: Sept 22nd , Nov 24th
Where: Neshaminy Manor Center, Almshouse – 4th Floor Conference Room, 1260 Almshouse Road, Doylestown, PA 18901
Contact: Matt Uhler, Secretary – United Way of Bucks County 267-231-4199 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Housing Options Team – Meets 3rd Tues Every other Month at 9:30 AM – next meeting – Tues August 16th, 9:30 AM – at 600 Louis Drive, Suite 101, Warminster PA 18974.
As a sub-committee of the Bucks County Housing Continuum of Care, LHOT brings together representatives of organizations focusing on housing for people with special needs, especially those with behavioral health challenges and those with multiple special needs. The LHOT prioritizes housing needs in the County and serves in an advisory role in the creation of the Bucks County’s Mental Health Housing Plan. The LHOT also provides input on housing related Medical Assistance Reinvestment Plans. All are welcome to attend.
BC Suicide Prevention Task Force – April 5, 2017 at 9 AM at Bucks County Intermediate Unit in Doylestown, all are welcome
Full Task Force meetings are held quarterly. There are subcommittees that work on issues in between the full task force meetings and they are always looking for more people to participate especially individuals in recovery and family members/supporters.
To find out about what subcommittees exist and how to get involved contact:
Wendy Flannigan 215-444-2882 or email@example.com
Legislative Issues Affecting the Mental Health Community:
Please see NAMI current legislative listing by clicking Here
Free Mobile Resources To Support Behavioral Health:
SAMHSA has resources that can help address some of the toughest mental health and substance use challenges, including suicide prevention, bullying prevention, behavioral health following a disaster, and underage drinking prevention.
- Suicide Safe helps health care providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and address suicide risk among their patients.
- KnowBullying provides information and guidance on ways to prevent bullying and build resilience in children. A great tool for parents and educators, KnowBullying is meant for kids ages 3 to 18.
- SAMHSA Disaster App provides responders with access to critical resources—like Psychological First Aid and Responder Self-Care—and SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator to help responders provide support to survivors after a disaster.
- Talk. They Hear You is an interactive game that can help parents and caregivers prepare for one of the more important conversations they may ever have with children—underage drinking.
To learn more & download the apps: SAMHSA Mobile Apps
- Regional CSP Conference - MAY 11 2017 . . . Read More
- State of PA Announces Plan to Close Norristown State Hospital . . . . Read More
- January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month . . . . . Read More
- Upper Bucks CSP participates in Sellersville Museum's Forest of Trees for Winter Fest. . . . Read More
- QPR Suicide Prevention Initiative spearheaded by BC Dept. of Mental Health & Developmental Programs . . Read More
- Lower Bucks CSP Committee Publishes Homeless Survival Guide ...... Read More
- Bucks County Receives Grant to address the mental health needs of youth and young adults. Read More
- Thoughtful blog about the criminal justice system and addiction treatment. Read More