Human Trafficking Awareness Month
January is National Human Trafficking Awareness Month
Human Trafficking Hotline
Call the human trafficking hotline if you need help or if you suspect that someone is in a trafficking/enslavement situation.
What is Human Trafficking . . .
Human trafficking is a crime involving the exploitation of someone for the purposes of compelled labor or a commercial sex act through the use of force, fraud, or coercion. Human trafficking affects individuals across the world, including here in the United States, and is commonly regarded as one of the most pressing human rights issues of our time. Human trafficking affects every community in the United States across age, gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Human Trafficking Resource Center: www.humantraffickinghotline.org
this site has info about human trafficking and its many forms, myths and misconceptions about trafficking, information about what happens when people call the hotline, and a lot of educational resources geared toward helping professionals recognize and respond to trafficking including law enforcement, health care workers, education and faith based organizations.
Huffington Post Article on Human Trafficking: Huffington Post Human Trafficking Article
National Child Traumatic Stress Network: In support of Human Trafficking Awareness Month, the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) has resources for mental health professionals, law enforcement personnel, health care professionals, and survivors on the signs of trafficking and services for human trafficking survivors.
Online Educational Unit – Serving Human Trafficking Victims
Online Educational Unit for Mental Health Professionals: Human Trafficking Awareness
TEDx Talk by Theresa Flores, former trafficking victim and author of The Slave Across the Street:
The focus of this talk is on human sex trafficking in the US.
TEDx Talk by Lisa Kristine
Acclaimed humanitarian photographer Lisa Kristine specializes in images of remote indigenous peoples. She speaks of her global trek with the organization Free the Slaves to bear witness to the scope of modern day slavery worldwide.
Slavery Footprint: www.slaveryfootprint.org
Eye opening website that helps you learn about how much of the stuff you own/purchase has materials that come from slave labor.
Network Of Victims Assistance: 24/7 Helpline 1-800-675-6900 | NOVA Website
Bucks Coalition Against Trafficking – BCAT: firstname.lastname@example.org | BCAT Website
Montgomery Coalition Against Trafficking – MCAT: email@example.com | MCAT Website
- Regional CSP Conference - MAY 11 2017 . . . Read More
- State of PA Announces Plan to Close Norristown State Hospital . . . . Read More
- January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month . . . . . Read More
- Upper Bucks CSP participates in Sellersville Museum's Forest of Trees for Winter Fest. . . . Read More
- QPR Suicide Prevention Initiative spearheaded by BC Dept. of Mental Health & Developmental Programs . . Read More
- Lower Bucks CSP Committee Publishes Homeless Survival Guide ...... Read More
- Bucks County Receives Grant to address the mental health needs of youth and young adults. Read More
- Thoughtful blog about the criminal justice system and addiction treatment. Read More