QUESTION . . . . . PERSUADE . . . . . REFER
Question, Persuade and Refer is a public education, suicide prevention initiative. QPR, just like CPR or First Aid, is designed to be given to the general public so that they know how to help/intervene when someone is struggling or in crisis and to get that person connected to the right resources for further help.
Here in Bucks County our local Mental Health Department has taken the lead to bring QPR trainings to our county. In September about 25 people in the county were trained as QPR training facilitators. The Dept. of MH/DP plans to try to train as many county employees as possible, which would include Department of Human Services, Children & Youth, Area Agency on Aging, Corrections folks working in the court system etc. this would ensure that folks working in county system would be able to be more responsive to folks in distress.
There is also the goal of taking the training to the general community, so church groups, Kiwanis clubs, businesses, local government, legislators etc could all participate in a training.
So be on the look out for advertisements of QPR trainings in your community. Or if you are part of a group that would like to organize a training contact:
Wendy Flanigan at email@example.com
To learn more about QPR click here:
- Regional CSP Conference - MAY 11 2017 . . . Read More
- State of PA Announces Plan to Close Norristown State Hospital . . . . Read More
- January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month . . . . . Read More
- Upper Bucks CSP participates in Sellersville Museum's Forest of Trees for Winter Fest. . . . Read More
- QPR Suicide Prevention Initiative spearheaded by BC Dept. of Mental Health & Developmental Programs . . Read More
- Lower Bucks CSP Committee Publishes Homeless Survival Guide ...... Read More
- Bucks County Receives Grant to address the mental health needs of youth and young adults. Read More
- Thoughtful blog about the criminal justice system and addiction treatment. Read More